Public Library "Dr Djordje Natosevic"
National Library "Dr. Djordje Natosevic" in Indjija was established in
1945. It was situated on different locations until 1965, when with the
construction of the High School building it was moved in to the ground
space of the school’s facility, and where it is still today.
From its establishment in 1973, until today, the Library is the only
cultural institution that counts 50,000 members. Public Library "Dr. Djordje Natosevic" consists of a central building in the municipal center and four branches - in Beska, Maradik, Krcedin and Novi Karlovci.
For the development of library services, library improvement and good results in the field of culture, the Library received the award "Dositej Obradovic" (Awarded by Branch Office of library workers Srem, 1984), Indjija October Award (1985), and the Award "Milorad Panic Surep" (awarded by the Community of stem library of Serbia, 1986).
The library has a collection of some 92,000 books, used by the 3,000
registered users. The library has a Children department, and Adult
department as well as specific books about the town of Indjija with the
collection of 1,191 books on that subject.
The legacy of Djordje Natosevic counts some 5,866 books, with most of
them on German language. The legacy contains 71 old and rare books, of
which the oldest was published in 1788.
The legacy of Stanisic-Grabovacki counts some 1,117 books, and legacy of Save Jankovic counts some 317 books.
Address: Trg slobode 2
Telephone: 022 551-378
Telephone / Fax: 022 551-847